Uncompromising performance and density for data center productivity and scale
The PowerEdge R640 is the ideal dual-socket platform for dense scale-out data center computing and storage. Benefit from the flexibilty of 2.5” or 3.5” drives, the performance of NVMe and embedded intelligence to ensure optimized application performance in a secure platform. With embedded diagnostics and SupportAssist, the R640 delivers maximum uptime in a worry-free environment.
- Dense software-defined storage
- Service providers: application tier
- Dense private cloud
Drive transformation with the Dell EMC PowerEdge portfolio
Data center evolution starts with modern platforms that easily scale and are optimized for application performance. The PowerEdge R640 is built upon a scalable system architecture and provides the choice and flexibility to easily meet performance demands.
- Simplify deployment and easily scale from 3 to 1000+ nodes for software-defined storage with Dell EMC Ready Node for ScaleIO.
- Maximize storage performance with up to 8 NVMe drives.
- Scale compute resources with Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, delivering a 27% increase in processing cores and 50% increase in bandwidth over previous generation of Xeon processors*.
Automate productivity with intelligent, embedded management
Dell EMC automation and intelligent management mean you spend less time on routine maintenance so you can focus on bigger priorities.
- Help maximize uptime with proactive diagnostics and automated remediation that increase productivity up to 90%*.
- Leverage existing management consoles with easy integrations for VMware® vSphere®, Microsoft® System Center and Nagios®.
- Improve productivity with agent-free Dell EMC iDRAC9 for automated, efficient management.
- Simplify deployment with OpenManage next-generation console and server profiles to fully configure and prep servers in rapid, scalable fashion.
Fortify your data center with comprehensive protection
Dell EMC provides a comprehensive, cyber-resilient architecture with security embedded into every server to protect your data.
- Protect server configuration and firmware from malicious changes with new Configuration Lock-down.
- Use system erase of local storage to help ensure data privacy when you repurpose or retire servers.
- Automate updates that check file dependencies and proper update sequence, before deploying them independently from the OS/hypervisor.
- Take control of your firmware consoles with embedded authentication that is designed to allow only properly designed updates to run.
Dell EMC PowerEdge R640 Review
"If you are looking for a highly customizable, rock solid, 1U server platform, the Dell EMC PowerEdge R640 is a great bet." — ServeTheHome
Dell EMC PowerEdge R640: IT Pro Product Of The Year Awards, 'Best 1U Server' Winner
"Not only does it have full support for Intel's Xeon Scalable processors, it's also got some mightily impressive storage options." — IT PRO
2017 CRN Annual Report Card: Industry Standard Servers Winner
"Dell EMC’s win included an especially strong product innovation performance, support and partnership." — CRN®
Dell EMC PowerEdge R640: 'Editor’s Choice' Award
"A versatile, low-profile Xeon Scalable rack server with a big heart." — IT PRO
|Processor(s)||1) 3.2 GHz Intel® Xeon® Silver 4210 (10 Cores, 20 Threads (HT), 13.75Mb Cache,Up to 3.2 GHz, 85W)
2) 3.2 GHz Intel® Xeon® Silver 4210 (10 Cores, 20 Threads (HT), 13.75Mb Cache,Up to 3.2 GHz, 85W)
32GB (4 x 8GB RDIMM 3200MT/s, Dual Rank)
Non Volatile Memory -NVDIMM-(In the event of a power failure, the module copies the data from the volatile traditional memory to the persistent flash memory, and copies it back when power is restored. It uses a small backup power source for the module while the data in memory is being copied to the flash storage.):
1) 16GB Single Rank NVDIMM 2933MT/s (with NV DIMM Battery Back-up)
1) 960 GB Enterprise PCIe NVMe SSD Gen 3 x4 Read Intensive (3140 MB/s Read) 2.5" Hot Plug
2) 960 GB Enterprise PCIe NVMe SSD Gen 3 x4 Read Intensive (3140 MB/s Read) 2.5" Hot Plug
IDSDM and Combo Card Reader
Redundant SD Cards Enabled
Chassis with up to 2.5in x10 Hard Drives with 3PCIe Slots, 2CPU only (Supports NVME Drives)
PowerEdge Express Flash PCIe SSD Ready Config
1) Broadcom 5720 QP 1Gb Network Daughter Card
Info iDRAC9, Express
Performance BIOS Setting
8 High Performance Fans
Trusted Platform Module 2.0
Riser Config 2
750W Dual Hot-plug Redundant Power Supply (1+1)
C13 to C14, PDU Style, 10 AMP, 6.5 Feet (2m), Power Cord
PERC HBA330 Controller Minicard
DELL 3 YEARS NEXT BUSINESS DAY ON SITE WARRANTY
|Product Type||DELL Factory Remanufactured|
|Warranty||Dell PowerEdge R640 1U Rack Server ---2 x Intel® Xeon® Gold 5218, 384GB 12 x 32GB, 2 x 240gb M.2, 2 x 800GB SAS SSD, 6 x 1.92 SAS SSD, 2 x 1100w PSU, PERC H740P, DELL - 5 YEARS PRO SUPPORT AND 4 HOURS MISSION CRITICAL ON SITE, (2MST933) (9246)|
|Standard Specs And Options||STANDARD SPECS & OPTIONS:
Up to two Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, up to 28 cores per processor
Canonical® Ubuntu® LTS
Microsoft Windows Server® with Hyper-V Red Hat® Enterprise Linux
SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server VMware® ESXi
Optional LCD or Security bezel
Front drive bays:
Up to 10 x 2.5” with up to 8 NVMe, SAS/SATA/SSD/NVMe, max 58TB
Up to 4 x 3.5” SAS/SATA, max 48TB
Rear drive bays:
Up to 2 x 2.5” SAS/SATA/SSD/NVMe, max 12TB
24 DDR4 DIMM slots, Supports RDIMM /LRDIMM, speeds up to 2666, 3TB max
Up to 12 NVDIMM, 192 GB Max
Supports registered ECC DDR4 DIMMs only
Network daughter card options:
4 x 1GE or 2 x 10GE + 2 x 1GE or 4 x 10GE or 2 x 25GE
Video, 1 x USB 2.0, available USB 3.0, dedicated IDRAC Direct USB
Video, serial, 2 x USB 3.0, dedicated iDRAC network port
VGA, NVIDIA NVS310 available as PCIe card Up to 3 x Gen3 slots, all x16
Titanium 750W, Platinum 495W, 750W, 1100W, and 1600W
48VDC 1100W, 380HVDC 1100W, 240HVDC 750W
Hot plug power supplies with full redundancy option Up to 8 hot plugs fans with full redundancy
TPM 1.2/2.0 optional Cryptographically signed firmware
PERC H330, H730p, H740p, Software RAID (SWRAID) S140
Boot Optimized Storage Subsystem:
HWRAID 2 x M.2 SSDs 120GB, 240 GB
External PERC (RAID):
12Gbps SAS HBAs (non-RAID):
External- 12Gbps SAS HBA (non-RAID)
Internal- HBA330 (non-RAID)