Banana Computers Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. For the purposes of data protection legislation, we are the data controller and we will process your personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and national laws which relate to the processing of personal data. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order or subscribe to our newsletter.“Personal Data” collected by Banana Computers includes:
- your first and last name;
- billing or shipping address;
- credit card or payment information;
- government issued identification number;
- email address;
- phone number;
- purchase information and history;
- your account number;
- professional information such as your position in the comapny
- a combination of your username and password used to access the Website.
We will collect details such as your employee names, telephone numbers and email addresses in order to contact you about goods or services ordered with you, to place further orders and to pay you for the goods and/or services supplied.
WHAT DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION FOR?Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- to personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- to improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- to improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- to process transactions (your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested)
- to send periodic emails (the email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email)
We may collect information about your device, including where available your Internet Protocol address, for reasons of fraud protection.
IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA:
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide the data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example to provide you with our goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information
HOW DO I OPT OUT OF COOKIES?
You can manage the cookies that you allow on your computer through the internet browser that you use. You can also ask to be alerted every time a cookie is offered. There are instructions on how to manage your cookies using the most popular internet browsers below:Find out which internet browser you use
- On a PC: click on 'Help' at the top of your browser window and select 'About'
- On an Apple Mac: click on the Apple menu and select 'About' (make sure the browser is open)
- Choose 'Tools'
- Click on 'Internet Options'
- Click the 'Privacy' tab
- Move the slider to choose your settings
- For more detailed privacy settings click on 'Advanced'
- Choose 'Preferences' from Safari menu
- Select 'Security'
- Cookie settings are shown
- Choose your settings
As a default, Google Chrome allows all cookies. You can manage the behaviour of first-party and third-party cookies or even block them completely.
- Click on the 'Tools' menu
- Select 'Options'
- Click the 'Under the Bonnet' tab
- Find the 'Privacy' section
- Click 'Content settings'
- Click the 'Cookie settings' tab and choose your settings
You can configure which sites are allowed to set cookies, how long to keep them for, and view and manage your existing cookies.
- Click on 'Menu', then 'Options'
- Select 'Privacy'
- Select 'Cookies'
- Choose your settings
- Opting out of Flash Cookies
If you'd like to control the use of Flash Cookies on your computer, Adobe's website offers tools to do this.
Where you indicate you would like to receive marketing correspondence from us, subscribe to our mailing lists or newsletters, enter into any of our competitions or provide us with your details at networking events, we may use your personal data for our legitimate interests in order to provide you with details about our goods, services, business updates and events, which we think may be of interest. We also from time to time will purchase opted in corporate & business data bases containing contact details of the relevent corporate and business contacts such as name, position in company email adress and company phone in order to provide you with details about our goods, services, business updates and events, which we think may be of interest.
- You have the right to opt-out of receiving the information detailed above at any time. To opt-out of receiving such information you can:
- tick the relevant box situated in the form on which we collect your information;
- clicking the unsubscribe button contained in any such communication received; or
- email us at [email protected] or call us on 01624815400 providing us with your name and contact details.
DO WE DISCLOSE ANY INFORMATION TO OUTSIDE PARTIES?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, ( ie sage pay) so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
MONITORING AND RECORDING
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone communications and emails) for the purpose of training, fraud prevention and compliance. We also have CCTV cameras installed in our premises for the purpose of crime prevention and for health and safety reasons.
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk
- Information you provide to us is shared on secure servers and systems. (Eg. Website payments are only processed and stored on Sagepay payment gateway, other details that you enter on our website are stored on a hosted server in a secure data center. We have implemented appropriate physical, technical and organisational measures designed to secure your information against accidental loss and unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure. In addition, we limit access to personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties that have a legitimate business need for such access.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- We will only use your personal data where the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- for performance of a contract we enter into with you;
- where necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation we are subject to;
- where necessary to protect your vital interests; and
- for our legitimate interests (as described within this policy) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override these interests
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA TO 3RD PARTIESIn addition to the third parties mentioned above, we may disclose your information to third parties for our following legitimate interests as follows:
- to staff members in order to facilitate the provision of goods or services to you;
- to our affiliated entities to support internal administration;
- IT software providers that host our website and store data on our behalf;
- professional advisers including consultants, lawyers, bankers and insurers who provide us with consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services;
- HM Revenue and Customs, regulators and other authorities who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances; and
- We may disclose personal data to the police, regulatory bodies, legal advisors or similar third parties where we are under a legal duty to disclose or share personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our website terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- We will not sell or distribute personal data to other organisations without your approval.
ACCESS TO, UPDATING, DELETING AND RESTRICTING USE OF PERSONAL DATA
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if the personal data we hold about you changes.
- Data protection legislation gives you the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances or withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data where this has been provided. You also have the right to access information held about you and for this to be provided in an intelligible form. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please send an email to [email protected]. In certain circumstances we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request.
- You can also ask us to undertake the following:
- update or amend your personal data if you feel this is inaccurate;
- remove your personal data from our database entirely;
- remove your personal data from our database entirely;
- send you copies of your personal data in a commonly used format and transfer your information to another entity where you have supplied this to us, and we process this electronically with your consent or where necessary for the performance of a contract; or
- restrict the use of your personal data.
- We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal data that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Data protection legislation may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all the personal data that we hold about you or to comply with any requests made in accordance with your rights referred to above. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal data, or process any other request we receive, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
- Please send any requests relating to the above to our Data Protection Officer at [email protected] specifying your name and the action you would like us to undertake.
RIGHT TO WITHDRAW CONSENT
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal data, you have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, please contact us at